Becoming a mother at 46 and the adventure of having a baby unicorn!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I am a Happy People so I can post this now...

"There are two sides to my heart one is whole and beautiful and the other is inevitably a little mangled"

I was going through a rough patch so I was only posting happy stuff but now that I am all better I feel safe posting this... I know, I am weird, my mind works in mysterious ways! What can I say, being head fairy will do that to you :)


I think I am more drawn to mixed media than anything else and I just love to learn new techniques. So the background is a canvas I did in a Lisa Bebi class and the heart I made at a Miss Vicky's Retreat. This is by far one of the weirdest things I have ever made and yet I am seriously drawn to it for some reason...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It ROCKS Elena!! Do it, submit it, get published- you can do it!!

Really, it's awesome, deep and real! So cool (the heart is my favorite part)

Danette said...

I TOTALLY agree with Gloria. It is too awesome. You have to send it to Summer Set!!!!! I am totally getting into the whole altered art thing too. We should do it for book club, an Altered Art book for next cycle...or maybe enen a sepperate bookclub for that? What do you think?

Lisa Bebi said...

I am a new visitor here on your blog, elena. i loved having you in my class a few months back and this piece is very good. i recognize it, although i don't remember the key shape in the background.....but it is very very cool.

what an honorable club you have....and fun.

Anonymous said...

Elena, this is really beautiful! Your mixed media heart is gorgeous. I love the message, too! You really should submit it (though if I were you, I wouldn't want to part with it!)

Unknown said...

This is not weird at all it is beautiful Do more the textures all all so great together and it look like you had a good time making it

Sweet Escape said...

I think it's pretty rad!! and you should totally go for it!!! it's definitely worth it!! theres nothing to lose!!! you've got some talent!!

RollerScrapper said...

Incredible!!!

buttafly said...

Love it!

geogems said...

It's because you have opened yourself to a whole new world of mixed media---where anything goes and nothing is judged. Welcome to your new home...it's whee you belong. Another proud mixed media artist and teacher. Georgia xo