Becoming a mother at 46 and the adventure of having a baby unicorn!

Friday, August 07, 2009

I was at the World's Largest Crop Attempt!

I get to do this every day!!!

How does life get better than this? When I am feeling sorry for myself because something in my life is not going great, I just have to remember that I get to wake up every day and do what I love.

So...

You might already know that we didnt make it but.... Well, it was a great time anyway. The raffles, silent auctions, make and takes, celebs... it was just grand!

Here is the room full of crafters. I got only a few negative comments, to be expected with 208 women. And even though they "hurt" I know that everyone's perspective on things is different and I learn so much for the feedback I get so I am still a HAPPY PEOPLE!!

I don't know what Mark Montano thinks I did but I swear I didn't do it!! I just love Mark. He is one of those kind charismatic souls and he made the event very special for all the attendees, especially one special attendee, Sheila who won him in the celebrity auction!

They chatted like old friends and Sheila was so happy! Well deserved reward for this charity do-gooder!!

Here is one of my little fairys Abigail that lit up the room with her smile and gifts!!
The room before the horde of crafters invaded!

Here I am watching the test run of the video that Leeza Gibbons made for us to show. She made the event so much better just by saying a few words about the charity we were all there to support.

And the bottom line is we raised $8000 for the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation and all the hard work paid off. Here I am with Dr Jamie, Tina and Sue from the Foundation. They worked hard and made the event even more special!

I can't complain, even when I think I can, I can't. Life is just too good being a HAPPY PEOPLE!

2 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

So glad to meet such a princess! Please feel welcome anytime at my faerytale world dear! Blessings to you and keep making smiles happen!

Karin Hall said...

Elena this was the most fabulous scrap party. Don't let those whiners get to you. You did a fantastic job. Karin Hall