Becoming a mother at 46 and the adventure of having a baby unicorn!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yay! The gag order is lifted!

Just kidding! I have been dying to post pictures of some jewelry that I made for Blumenthal Lansing.  I was so thrilled they asked me to design for them! I was nervous because this is my first time doing something like this where I got paid to design art. Well, I guess I have done invitations and scrapbooks but this felt different. My first assignment was to make 3 projects for Michael's!

A bracelet, a necklace and a scrapbook page.  

I was nervous about the scrapbook page because over the years I have discovered I am really not a scrapbooker.  but I made something that I liked and they liked it too!  I had to wait till Michael's got to see the pieces before I could blog about them but I just got the ok. Helen from Blumenthal, the Craft Project Coordinator, loved them so much she commissioned 3 more necklaces from me!  Ill post photos of those soon. She has a great blog with lots of good ideas!

Hope you like my creations.  I think I am going try to get some on my etsy store... haha!  try is the key word there! and here I am, I made it to Designer on their website!

I love Blumenthal because they have been incredibly supportive of Charity Wings aka Scrapbook Royalty AND Liane is someone that I have come to consider my friend.  Here is Liane making Suzi Blu art when she came and volunteered at NJ Scrapbook Expo.  She hates having her photo taken and wouldnt look at me but she is a beautiful charitable soul and I love her to pieces!

6 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Elena, Congrats!!
They are all so pretty!!

Celeste said...

I just love them especially the black and white one. Way to go!!!

bwstamping said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!! I want to know where can I make/get one for myself!!

huntla1 said...

Congratulations on your designing for dollars gig! Your three pieces are fabulous! I totally love those damask buttons. I had to go over and check Blumenthal Lansing's website out. They have some fantastic buttons-- and in EVERY style. It will be a lot of fun creating with all of the different styles that they have to offer. Take care. Laurie

RollerScrapper said...

Gorgeous work! As always :)

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

thanks girls! It was fun. I really love making them!